Review: Bobbi Brown Skincare

Posted on Saturday, 14 January 2017



Before I start writing this review, some of you may have noticed I have not been active in years (literally, years). I just want to explain to you all that I had taken around two years out of blogging and I am so happy to be back! My 'blogging break' was due to illness, and to be quite honest I was more focused on getting healthy again than blogging and I am OK with that. It's not that I lost my passion for blogging, but I was very unwell and there were more important things going on. But now, I really want to get back into the blogging world and it feels so good - I can't tell you how much I have missed it. 

So, to get back into things I am starting off with a review on some Bobbi Brown skincare products I picked up recently. I never actually intended on purchasing these items - I definitely needed a new night time skincare regime but I had my thoughts set on revisiting past products instead of trying out something new. I was buying a new Bobbi Brown lipstick and saw their skincare section and was intrigued as I have never actually heard anything about their products, so I decided to give them a try. I picked up the Intensive Skin Supplement, Hydrating Eye Cream and Hydrating Face Cream.

Intensive Skin Supplement

Being a huge serum-lover, I didn't know what to expect of this product. At first glance, the packaging is beautiful (reminds me of Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair, I've got a thing for bronze coloured bottles). The scent is beautiful yet light, and I can make out a hint of lavender. The product itself is quite thick for a serum, which I like, and a little goes a long way. At first I was quite disappointed with the pipette as it only gives you the tiniest bit of product, but I soon discovered that a pea sized amount can fully cover your skin. It seems to hydrate the skin within a day or two of using it, and my skin is so luminous and hydrated now I have been using this product for a week. I don't know whether I would say it's the best serum out there, especially as the price tag is quite high, but it is making a difference on my skin. 

Hydrating Eye Cream

I have never been a huge eye cream lover, mainly because when I've used eye creams in the past I haven't noticed any difference after using them. My eyes have been looking dark and tired recently though, so I bought the Hydrating Eye Cream to try and hydrate my under-eye areas and brighten them up a bit. The cream itself is so light, and again, a little goes a long way. It instantly hydrates  and I have noticed my eyes are looking at lot brighter. It also makes for a perfect concealer base as it sinks into the skin so nicely and leaves a perfect texture to apply makeup onto. Would definitely recommend this one for anyone who is wanting to try a new eye cream to brighten their eye area or wanting a cream to use as a primer for eye makeup.

Hydrating Face Cream

This face cream has got to be my new 'can't live without' product - not only does it smell absolutely amazing, but I could notice a huge difference on my skin within a days use. The product itself is not too thick, but it's heavy enough to provide complete hydration to your skin when you only apply a tiny amount. I have been using a small pea-sized amount on each cheek and working it into my skin, and my face feels firm and moisturized straight after use. I'm using it on a night following serum and eye cream, and my skin has seriously had a huge boost from this product. Would highly recommend - a new staple that will surely live with my skincare products for years.

Have you tried the Bobbi Brown skincare range? What are your favourite products?




Post a Comment

OLD